Adding To Cart
Item already existing in cart. View Cart
Copper, 24 Hour Urine Test
This test is a measurement of the metal copper excreted in a 24 hour urine collection. Increased urinary copper excretion may occur in Wilson disease or with chronic active hepatitis; Wilson disease and chronic active hepatitis may resemble one another; thus, parameters in addition to urinary copper excretion, such as ceruloplasmin and serum copper, are needed to fully evaluate and differentiate these conditions.
Copper is an important element in those whose metabolism is hampered in the genetic disease Wilson's. Excess copper gets stored in the body tissues causing damage to the nervous system, kidneys and eyes.
Copper poisoning through chronic exposure is rare in the general population, excepting individuals with Wilson disease. Copper poisoning through chronic inhalation of copper fumes and/or dusts that are typically associated with industry may produce symptoms of nausea, vomiting, nervous manifestations, and an enlarged liver(hepatomegaly). Overexposure to copper is generally associated with industry through the inhalation of copper dust and/or fumes that arise in operations involving copper (eg, metallurgy, copper plating, soldering).
Diagnosing and monitoring therapy for Wilson's disease, epilepsy work-up.
This test is a 24 hour collection of urine. Therefore you must pick up collection container at your local Client Service Center. This address may be found by using our "Locator" map upon checkout.
In order to collect a 24 Hour Urine specimen you begin by voiding(urinating) at 8am. This specimen is then discarded. Then begin to collect all urine including the final specimen voided at the end of the 24-hour collection period (ie, 8 AM the next morning). Make sure to screw the lid of the collecting container on securely and return it to the same Client Service Center.
Copper, 24 Hour Urine - TC - 365
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.
- To be able to use our service you must abide by our Refund Policy.
- Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of specimens for testing.
- You may request to cancel your lab order within seven (7) days of the date of purchase to receive a refund.
- Your refund will be reduced by $15 to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- No refunds are given after seven (7) days.
- However, a credit can be issued to your account, less the $15 fee, and can be used towards your next order.
- After visiting the lab and having your blood drawn, no refund can be made.
- If for any reason Personalabs is unable to process your specimen, you will receive a full (100%) refund for the test(s) not performed.
- Lab orders are only valid for up to six (6) months from the purchase date at which point any unused lab orders are purged from our system. If you wish to reinstated your lab order, you will be charged a $15 fee to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request.
- Discount Codes are not redeemable and only one may be used for each purchase.
- Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
- To process your refund, you must first request via email by selecting “Send a Message” on the Contact Us tab section.
- Please provide your Order information and reason for the refund.
- Please allow 24 to 72 hours to process your claim.
- After we accept your refund request, you will be issued a refund via the same payment method originally used to place the order (Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA or PayPal).
- The refund amount will be composed of the original purchase price minus $15 of your original charge to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- You will be sent an email confirming receipt of the return and your credit.
- Please allow 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.
|Normal||Normal||Calcium regulation system functioning OK|
|Low||High||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for other causes of hypocalcemia|
|Low||Normal or Low||PTH not responding correctly; probably have hypoparathyroidism|
|High||High||Parathyroid gland producing too much PTH; may do imaging studies to check for hyperparathyroidism|
|High||Low||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for non-parathyroid-related causes of elevated calcium|