Adding To Cart
Item already existing in cart. View Cart
Cortisol Total Blood Test
Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands (small organs on top of each kidney). Production and secretion of cortisol is stimulated by ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone), a hormone produced by the pituitary gland, a tiny organ located inside the head below the brain.
Cortisol has a range of roles in the body. It helps break down protein, glucose, and lipids, maintain blood pressure, and regulate the immune system. Heat, cold, infection, trauma, stress, exercise, obesity, and debilitating disease can influence cortisol concentrations.
Inadequate amounts of cortisol can cause nonspecific symptoms such as weight loss, muscle weakness, fatigue, low blood pressure, and abdominal pain. Too much cortisol can cause increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, obesity, fragile skin, purple streaks on the abdomen, muscle weakness, and osteoporosis.
Diagnosing and monitoring Cushing's syndrome, Addison's disease, adrenocortical insufficiency.
No special preparation is necessary prior to blood sample collection.
Cortisol - TC - 367
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.
Estimated Turn Around For Results
2-3 Business Days
- To be able to use our service you must abide by our Refund Policy.
- Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of specimens for testing.
- You may request to cancel your lab order within seven (7) days of the date of purchase to receive a refund.
- Your refund will be reduced by $15 to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- No refunds are given after seven (7) days.
- However, a credit can be issued to your account, less the $15 fee, and can be used towards your next order.
- After visiting the lab and having your blood drawn, no refund can be made.
- If for any reason Personalabs is unable to process your specimen, you will receive a full (100%) refund for the test(s) not performed.
- Lab orders are only valid for up to six (6) months from the purchase date at which point any unused lab orders are purged from our system. If you wish to reinstated your lab order, you will be charged a $15 fee to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request.
- Discount Codes are not redeemable and only one may be used for each purchase.
- Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
- To process your refund, you must first request via email by selecting “Send a Message” on the Contact Us tab section.
- Please provide your Order information and reason for the refund.
- Please allow 24 to 72 hours to process your claim.
- After we accept your refund request, you will be issued a refund via the same payment method originally used to place the order (Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA or PayPal).
- The refund amount will be composed of the original purchase price minus $15 of your original charge to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- You will be sent an email confirming receipt of the return and your credit.
- Please allow 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.
|Normal||Normal||Calcium regulation system functioning OK|
|Low||High||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for other causes of hypocalcemia|
|Low||Normal or Low||PTH not responding correctly; probably have hypoparathyroidism|
|High||High||Parathyroid gland producing too much PTH; may do imaging studies to check for hyperparathyroidism|
|High||Low||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for non-parathyroid-related causes of elevated calcium|