PERSONALABS NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 2nd 2017
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR HEALTH RECORD/INFORMATION
Each time you visit a hospital, physician, dentist, or other healthcare provider, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and a plan for future care or treatment. This information often referred to as your health or medical record, serves as a basis for planning your care and treatment and serves as a means of communication among the many health professionals who contribute to your care. Understanding what is in your record and how your health information is used helps you to ensure its accuracy, better understand who, what, when, where, and why others may access your health information, and helps you make more informed decisions when authorizing disclosure to others.
YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION RIGHTS
Unless otherwise required by law, your health record is the physical property of the healthcare practitioner or facility that compiled it. However, you have certain rights with respect to the information. You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices from us upon enrollment or upon request.
- Request restrictions on our uses and disclosures of your protected health information. Personalabs will never disclose your ePHI to anyone but yourself, the physician network that work with Personalabs to provide your lab orders and oversight, and the health department if there is a positive result that is reportable.
- Request to receive communications of protected health information in confidence. You can receive access to all your data yourself via your patient portal.
- Inspect and obtain a copy of the protected health information. You can do this when you like as you have access to your lab results and orders in your patient portal.
- Request an amendment to your protected health information. You can update your PHI when you wish by contacting customer service. Answer two security questions and your information will be updated. Your lab results will never be kept as they are.
- Receive an accounting of disclosures of protected health information made by us to individuals or entities other than to you, except for disclosures:
- to carry out treatment, payment and health care operations as provided above;
- to persons involved in your care or for other notification purposes as provided by law;
- to correctional institutions or law enforcement officials as provided by law;
- for national security or intelligence purposes;
- that occurred prior to the date of compliance with privacy standards (April 14, 2003);
- incidental to other permissible uses or disclosures;
- that are part of a limited data set (does not contain protected health information that directly identifies individuals);
- made to patient or their personal representatives;
- for which a written authorization form from the patient has been received
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information - You choose who you share your lab results with.
- Receive notification if affected by a breach of unsecured PHI
HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED
Personalabs may use and/or disclose your medical information for the following purposes:
We are required to maintain the privacy of your health information. In addition, we are required to provide you with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you. We must abide by the terms of this notice. We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all the protected health information we maintain. If our information practices change it will be updated on our website.
Your health information will not be used or disclosed without your written authorization, except as described in this notice. The following uses and disclosures will be made only with explicit authorization from you: (i) uses and disclosures of your health information for marketing purposes, including subsidized treatment communications; (ii) disclosures that constitute a sale of your health information; and (iii) other uses and disclosures not described in the notice. Except as noted above, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time and stop using the service.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your Internet activities through your IP address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL.
When you use this Website we might insert some instructions on your computer or mobile device. These instructions will be in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of instruction stored on your hard drive or device, not on our Website. Cookies provide us with information that we use to enhance your experience on the Website. Right now, there are two basic types of cookies. One is a session cookie which terminates when the user's session ends. The second is a persistent cookie, which is a text file that stays stored on your computer for a period of time. Your Internet browser contains instructions about how to remove persistent cookies. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to create or sign in to your account with us or otherwise take full advantage of our Site.
If you do not want us to collect non-personally identifiable information as stated herein, please do not use the Website.
Personalabs sends promotional emails to keep our customers and non-customers who have subscribed to our email newsletter informed about Personalabs news, products, services and promotions. If you are receiving our email newsletter and want us to stop sending it to you, you can unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email.
Having trouble unsubscribing? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "unsubscribe". If you are unsubscribed, any emails you receive from Personalabs.com will be directly related to your orders.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REPORT A PROBLEM
If you have questions about this notice or would like additional information, you may contact our corporate office at the telephone or address below. If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Officer at PERSONALABS or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. The complaint must be in writing, describe the acts or omissions that you believe violate your privacy rights, and be filed within 180 days of when you knew or should have known that the act or omission occurred. We will take no retaliatory action against you if you make such complaints.
The contact information for both is included below.
Office of the Secretary
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Tel: (202) 619-0257
Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775
2215 Winkler Avenue, Suite I
Fort Myers, FL, 33901
888 438 5227
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES AVAILABILITY
This notice will be prominently posted in footer of the website. You can download a copy from the website.