Adding To Cart
Item already existing in cart. View Cart
CA-19.9 Blood Test
CA 19.9 is a tumor marker used especially for pancreatic cancer but also useful in diagnosing hepatic, oesophageal and colorectal cancers.
The measured CA 19-9 value of a patient's sample can vary depending on the testing procedure used. CA 19-9 values determined on patient samples by different testing procedures cannot be directly compared with one another and could be the cause of erroneous medical interpretations. The determination of CA 19-9 cannot be used for the early detection of pancreatic carcinoma.1 Three percent to 7% of the population have the Lewis a-negative/b-negative blood group configuration and are unable to express the mucin with the reactive determinant CA 19-9. Patients known to be genotypically negative for Lewis blood group antigens will be unable to produce the CA 19-9 antigen even in the presence of malignant tissue. Phenotyping for the presence of the Lewis blood group antigen may be insufficient to detect true Lewis antigen-negative individuals. Even patients who are genotype positive for the Lewis antigen may produce varying levels of CA 19-9 as the result of gene dosage effect. This must be taken into account when interpreting the findings.2 As the mucin is excreted exclusively via the liver, even slight cholestasis can lead to clearly elevated CA 19-9 serum levels in some cases. In patients receiving therapy with high biotin doses (ie, >5 mg/day), no sample should be taken until at least eight hours after the last biotin administration.1 As with all tests containing monoclonal mouse antibodies, erroneous findings may be obtained from samples taken from patients who have been treated with monoclonal mouse antibodies or who have received them for diagnostic purposes.1 In rare cases, interference due to extremely high titers of antibodies to streptavidin and ruthenium can occur.1 The test contains additives, which minimize these effects. For diagnostic purposes, the results should always be assessed in conjunction with the patient's medical history, clinical examination, and other findings.
Detecting pancreatic, hepatic, oesopahgeal, colorectal cancer and monitoring therapy for them.
No special preparation is necessary prior to blood sample collection.
CA-19.9 - TC - 4698
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.
- To be able to use our service you must abide by our Refund Policy.
- Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of specimens for testing.
- You may request to cancel your lab order within seven (7) days of the date of purchase to receive a refund.
- Your refund will be reduced by $15 to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- No refunds are given after seven (7) days.
- However, a credit can be issued to your account, less the $15 fee, and can be used towards your next order.
- After visiting the lab and having your blood drawn, no refund can be made.
- If for any reason Personalabs is unable to process your specimen, you will receive a full (100%) refund for the test(s) not performed.
- Lab orders are only valid for up to six (6) months from the purchase date at which point any unused lab orders are purged from our system. If you wish to reinstated your lab order, you will be charged a $15 fee to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request.
- Discount Codes are not redeemable and only one may be used for each purchase.
- Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
- To process your refund, you must first request via email by selecting “Send a Message” on the Contact Us tab section.
- Please provide your Order information and reason for the refund.
- Please allow 24 to 72 hours to process your claim.
- After we accept your refund request, you will be issued a refund via the same payment method originally used to place the order (Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA or PayPal).
- The refund amount will be composed of the original purchase price minus $15 of your original charge to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- You will be sent an email confirming receipt of the return and your credit.
- Please allow 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.
|Normal||Normal||Calcium regulation system functioning OK|
|Low||High||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for other causes of hypocalcemia|
|Low||Normal or Low||PTH not responding correctly; probably have hypoparathyroidism|
|High||High||Parathyroid gland producing too much PTH; may do imaging studies to check for hyperparathyroidism|
|High||Low||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for non-parathyroid-related causes of elevated calcium|