Adding To Cart
Item already existing in cart. View Cart
HIV Screening Test (4th Generation) Blood Test
The fourth-generation HIV-1/2 test is used to detect acute HIV infection 4-12 days earlier than 3rd generation testing. It tests for both HIV antibodies and antigens. According to the Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute, this test can help decrease the spread of the HIV infection as anyone who tests positive for the 4th generation screening can immediately begin follow-up care and tests for clinical staging.
This panel includes enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for antigen/antibody screen for HIV-1/2 with reflex to supplementary differentiation assay for HIV-1 or HIV-2. If results come back positive by the screening assay but negative by the supplementary antibody typing assay a reflex to qualitative nucleic acid amplification (NAA) shall be completed.
Individuals who have had unprotected sex or have shared needles with someone who may have been infected with HIV.
No special preparation is necessary prior to blood sample collection.
STD Counseling is available for positive HIV results. This includes one of our doctor's on staff calling you to notify you of your results, as well as some next action plans.
HIV-1/2 Antigen and Antibodies, Fourth Generation, with Reflexes - TC - 91431
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.
- To be able to use our service you must abide by our Refund Policy.
- Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of specimens for testing.
- You may request to cancel your lab order within seven (7) days of the date of purchase to receive a refund.
- Your refund will be reduced by $15 to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- No refunds are given after seven (7) days.
- However, a credit can be issued to your account, less the $15 fee, and can be used towards your next order.
- After visiting the lab and having your blood drawn, no refund can be made.
- If for any reason Personalabs is unable to process your specimen, you will receive a full (100%) refund for the test(s) not performed.
- Lab orders are only valid for up to six (6) months from the purchase date at which point any unused lab orders are purged from our system. If you wish to reinstated your lab order, you will be charged a $15 fee to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request.
- Discount Codes are not redeemable and only one may be used for each purchase.
- Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
- To process your refund, you must first request via email by selecting “Send a Message” on the Contact Us tab section.
- Please provide your Order information and reason for the refund.
- Please allow 24 to 72 hours to process your claim.
- After we accept your refund request, you will be issued a refund via the same payment method originally used to place the order (Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA or PayPal).
- The refund amount will be composed of the original purchase price minus $15 of your original charge to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- You will be sent an email confirming receipt of the return and your credit.
- Please allow 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.
|Normal||Normal||Calcium regulation system functioning OK|
|Low||High||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for other causes of hypocalcemia|
|Low||Normal or Low||PTH not responding correctly; probably have hypoparathyroidism|
|High||High||Parathyroid gland producing too much PTH; may do imaging studies to check for hyperparathyroidism|
|High||Low||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for non-parathyroid-related causes of elevated calcium|