Adding To Cart
Item already existing in cart. View Cart
Are you over 50 and concerned about the tests needed to maintain your health? No worries! Let Personalabs be your starting point.
Personalabs has a category of blood tests specifically designed for those ages 50 and older. These tests, when coupled with additional screenings, can provide you with the information to ensure you make the better health decisions in the future.
The status of your liver, thyroid, cholesterol and blood sugar can be shown through a simple blood test. Personalabs offers the same blood tests your doctor would recommend as part of a complete physical. The following is a list of tests that may be included and an explanation of each.
- Glucose- evaluates risk for diabetes
- Urea Nitrogen and Creatinine - evaluates kidney function
- C-reactive Protein- evaluates blood inflammation and risk for heart disease
- Sodium, Potassium and Chloride- significant for those taking diuretics for hypertension or heart disease
- Uric Acid- increased levels could suggest kidney disease or gout
- Albumin- low level could suggest liver or kidney disease
- Globulin- high levels suggest chronic inflammation or blood disorders
- Calcium- high levels suggest a disorder causes kidney stones and low bone density
- Serum Glutamate Oxaloacetate Transaminase (SGOT) - assesses liver and hepatic function
- Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH)- assesses an acute heart attack or chronic inflammatory conditions of kidney or liver
- Bilirubin and Gamma Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT)- - high levels suggest a blockage from the liver to the intestines which is caused by gallstones or liver disease
Further, a complete lipid panel is usually ordered to assess your cholesterol levels to evaluate conditions such as heart disease. A lipid panel usually includes total cholesterol, high density lipoprotein (HDL) a.k.a. good cholesterol, low density lipoprotein (LDL) a.k.a. “bad cholesterol”, and triglycerides.
Your doctor may also order several tests to assess your thyroid function. This measures which measures the levels of hormones- thyroxine 3 (T3) and thyroxine 4 (T4)- produced by your thyroid gland, which is responsible for regulating your metabolism.
You may want to take a more proactive approach and get a list of blood tests directly from your physician. Personalabs can provide you with all of your laboratory testing needs at discounted prices. Contact us today!
Disclaimer: Tests cannot be conducted at lab locations in New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
Personalabs is unable to offer testing for any person under the age of 18.