Adding To Cart
Item already existing in cart. View Cart
Zika Virus RNA, Qualitative, Real-Time RT-PCR Blood Test
This test is used to diagnose a Zika virus infection.
Test results are for the identification of Zika viral RNA. Zika viral RNA is generally detectable in blood during the acute phase of the infection. Following the onset of symptoms RNA may be detected in serum for approximately 7 days, or longer in a pregnant patient. A positive result provides evidence of Zika virus infection. Laboratories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.
Negative results do not rule out Zika virus infection and should not be used as the sole basis for patient management decisions. Serological testing should also be considered. Laboratory test results should always be considered in the context of clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information in making a final diagnosis and patient management decisions.
The Zika Virus RNA Qualitative Real-Time RT-PCR test is only for use under the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization.
• This test has not been FDA cleared or approved;
• This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories;
• This test has been authorized only for the detection of RNA from Zika virus and not for any other viruses or pathogens; and
• This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection of Zika virus and/or diagnosis of Zika virus infection under section 564(b)(l) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. 360bbb-3(b)(l), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
Those experiencing symptoms such as a fever, rash, joint pain and pinkeye, all of which are associated with the Zika virus; Those who had sexual contact with someone who recently traveled from an area where Zika is present; Those who recently traveled to countries and territories with active Zika Virus Transmission as listed below; Women who are pregnant and have traveled to any of the countries and territories listed below.
No special preparation is necessary prior to blood sample collection.
NOT AVAILABLE FOR CALIFORNIA OR NEVADA RESIDENTS. NO TESTING WILL BE PERFORMED IN OUR WEST HILLS, CA FACILITY.
Zika Virus RNA Qualitative Real-Time RT-PCR - TC - 93870
Estimated Turn Around For Results:
2-10 Business Days
For an exact turnaround time for results, please contact us at Personalabs and we will contact the lab on your behalf as turnaround times vary depending on testing location or lab testing provider.
Countries and Territories with Active Zika Virus Transmission:
● Antigua and Barbuda
● The Bahamas
● British Virgin Islands
● Cayman Islands
● Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, US territory
● Costa Rica
● Dominican Republic
● El Salvador
● French Guiana
● Saint Lucia
● Saint Barthelemy
● Saint Martin
● Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
● Sint Eustatius
● Sint Maarten
● St. Kitts and Nevis
● Trinidad and Tobago
● Turks and Caicos
● United States – South Florida
● U.S. Virgin Islands
Asia, Oceania and Pacific Islands
● American Samoa
● Kosrae, Federated States of Micronesia
● Marshall islands
● New Caledonia
● Papua New Guinea
● Cape Verde
- To be able to use our service you must abide by our Refund Policy.
- Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of specimens for testing.
- You may request to cancel your lab order within seven (7) days of the date of purchase to receive a refund.
- Your refund will be reduced by $15 to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- No refunds are given after seven (7) days.
- However, a credit can be issued to your account, less the $15 fee, and can be used towards your next order.
- After visiting the lab and having your blood drawn, no refund can be made.
- If for any reason Personalabs is unable to process your specimen, you will receive a full (100%) refund for the test(s) not performed.
- Lab orders are only valid for up to six (6) months from the purchase date at which point any unused lab orders are purged from our system. If you wish to reinstated your lab order, you will be charged a $15 fee to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request.
- Discount Codes are not redeemable and only one may be used for each purchase.
- Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
- To process your refund, you must first request via email by selecting “Send a Message” on the Contact Us tab section.
- Please provide your Order information and reason for the refund.
- Please allow 24 to 72 hours to process your claim.
- After we accept your refund request, you will be issued a refund via the same payment method originally used to place the order (Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA or PayPal).
- The refund amount will be composed of the original purchase price minus $15 of your original charge to cover the cost of the doctor's order as well as the cost of processing your request to charge and refund your credit card.
- You will be sent an email confirming receipt of the return and your credit.
- Please allow 3-5 business days to reflect in your account.
|Normal||Normal||Calcium regulation system functioning OK|
|Low||High||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for other causes of hypocalcemia|
|Low||Normal or Low||PTH not responding correctly; probably have hypoparathyroidism|
|High||High||Parathyroid gland producing too much PTH; may do imaging studies to check for hyperparathyroidism|
|High||Low||PTH is responding correctly; may run other tests to check for non-parathyroid-related causes of elevated calcium|